Switch from PPTP VPN to L2TP VPN
- Click on the Network Connection icon in the task bar on the bottom right hand side of your screen (next to clock).
- Click on the connection (Liberty VPN for example) once and then right-click to choose 'Properties'.
- Now click on the 'Security' tab. Choose the 'L2TP/IPSec'' from the drop down menu.
- Click on the 'Advanced Settings' button under the drop down menu. A new window will appear, check 'Use Pre-shared Authorization Key' and enter the key, (It is found in the welcome email) and click 'Ok'.
- For Authentication, choose 'Allow These Protocols' and select CHAP and MS-Chap2.
- Your L2TP VPN is ready. To connect, simply click on the connection in the task bar and select the VPN connection. Click connect.